fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Norwich goalkeeper Mark Bunn is determined to win a call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad

Go down

Norwich goalkeeper Mark Bunn is determined to win a call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad Empty Norwich goalkeeper Mark Bunn is determined to win a call-up to the Republic of Ireland squad

Post by Devastating Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:14 pm

Norwich goalkeeper Mark Bunn remains determined to break into the Republic of Ireland set-up despite being overlooked for the recent games against Sweden and Austria.

Bunn, who qualifies to play for the Republic through his father and grandmother, has pledged his international allegiance to Ireland and was tipped to earn his first call-up to the national team for the two recent World Cup qualifiers after impressing for Norwich.

The 28-year-old has kept four clean sheets in his last nine games for Norwich and his performances have been earning rave reviews at Carrow Road.

However, Republic boss Giovanni Trapattoni decided to overlook Bunn despite his lack of options in the goalkeeping department.

What made Bunn's omission all the more surprising was the fact that he is the only available keeper currently playing regularly in the Premier League.

With Keiren Westwood finding himself down the pecking order at Sunderland, Trapattoni decided to plump for veteran keeper David Forde with the Millwall man becoming the oldest player to make his competitive debut for Ireland in the game against Sweden.

Bunn was disappointed not be included in the squad for the Sweden and Austria World Cup qualifiers, but is ready to continue to fight his way into Trapattoni's plans.

"It was disappointing not to make the squad for the last two games, but all I can do is continue to do my best for Norwich and hope I get a call-up next time," Bunn told Sky Sports.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down