fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Audley Harrison hints at retirement if he loses against Deontay Wilder this month

Go down

Audley Harrison hints at retirement if he loses against Deontay Wilder this month Empty Audley Harrison hints at retirement if he loses against Deontay Wilder this month

Post by Devastating Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:07 pm

Audley Harrison has suggested he will walk away from boxing for good if he loses to Deontay Wilder on April 27.

Harrison faced repeated calls for him to quit after damaging defeats by Martin Rogan, David Haye and most recently David Price, but his latest comeback led to a Prizefighter triumph in February.

The 41-year-old has not given up hope of landing a world title, but will abandon this dream if he loses to American Wilder on the Amir Khan-Julio Diaz undercard in Sheffield.

"Deontay is a fast, dangerous puncher, but he has not been tested as a pro," said Harrison. "I have lot of respect for him, so it's not personal, but this is the door I must walk through.
"Lose and it's over, win and I'm in the top ten for sure, eligible to challenge for the world title. Biggest risk for the biggest reward. It can't get any better than that."
Ready to eat

The unbeaten Wilder has won all of his 27 fights by knockout and hopes to prove himself as one of the most exciting heavyweight contenders.

"There's nothing like the day before, the morning of and night after you've claimed victory," said Wilder.

"The emotion, the excitement and adrenaline rush that I have is ready to explode out of me. I'm a starving lion that's ready to eat. On April 27 in Sheffield, England my next meal will be served; on the menu: Audley Harrison...Bon appetite.

"For the many fans in England, Deontay 'Bronze Bomber' Wilder is coming. You've been waiting for this moment and now it's here. I can't wait to show you guys why I am the light and the way for this dark division."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down