fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diaz hints at retirement

Go down

Diaz hints at retirement Empty Diaz hints at retirement

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:51 pm

Nick Diaz hinted he may retire from mixed martial arts following his UFC Welterweight Championship loss to Georges St-Pierre at UFC 158.

The former Strikeforce Welterweight Champion had long been targeting a fight for the UFC gold, but a commanding unanimous decision victory for St-Pierre put an end to his title dreams.

St-Pierre largely dominated their 25-minute battle at the Bell Centre in Montreal, the home city of "Rush", with the Canadian fans creating a deafening wall of noise throughout the contest.

In the first two rounds, St-Pierre expertly displayed his prowess on the ground, consistently taking Diaz down and maintaining offence while on top.

Diaz, a former professional boxer. eventually began to thwart some of the champion's takedown attempts in round three, but St-Pierre was still able to out-strike his opponent.

Despite taking some of Diaz's hardest shots, the relentless St-Pierre ensured his supremacy remained during the championship rounds, as all three judges awarded the fight 50-45 to the Canadian.

Following months of taunts from Diaz, he cut a weary figure in his post-match interview where he hinted he may be done inside the Octagon.

"I have to decide if I even want to do this anymore," he said. "To be honest, I don't know if I really got any more.

"I don't make excuses; I think I'm done with mixed martial arts. I'm tired of getting banged up like this.

"I want to thank GSP for giving me the credit that I like to think I deserve. I don't think I got any more."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down