fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ashes 2013: Brad Haddin convinced Australia can defy odds in England

Go down

Ashes 2013: Brad Haddin convinced Australia can defy odds in England Empty Ashes 2013: Brad Haddin convinced Australia can defy odds in England

Post by Devastating Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:28 pm

Brad Haddin has described his appointment as Test vice-captain as "an honour and privilege" and insists he is the right man to keep wicket for Australia when the Ashes series in England gets under way.

The 35-year-old gloveman from New South Wales has been including in a 16-man touring squad which also includes fellow veteran Chris Rogers.

Haddin will take over the vice-captaincy in place of Shane Watson and is expected to don the gloves ahead of Matthew Wade when the hotly-anticipated series begins at Trent Bridge on July 10.

Haddin told Fox News: "I know if I am playing at the best of my ability I am the number one in my position.
"From that point of view it has been an exciting day today: there is nothing more exciting in this game of cricket than being involved in an Ashes campaign.
Leader

"We've picked 16 guys now who are going to go over there and we've got one thing in mind which is to come together as a team and win.

"It's an honour and privilege to have the VC next to your name but we are not going to win this by ourselves.

"We need everyone going in the same direction and come together as a team and that is as simple as it is going to get, and the result in that is we will win the Ashes."
Captain Michael Clarke also extolled Haddin's leadership qualities.

Clarke said: "It's exciting for Brad to be back in the group, there is no doubt about it. The other selectors on the Cricket Australia board appointed him vice-captain after Shane standing down.

"But I think Brad's role in the group would be no different vice-captain or not - he's always been a leader around the group be it with New South Wales or the Australian team.

"I know he will take this in his stride and look forward to this opportunity but he is a wonderful guy.

"He's been through some ups and downs through his life no doubt about it, he's a strong character and he brings a lot of experience to this group."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down