fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manchester City's Kolo Toure feels he should have had more chances

Go down

Manchester City's Kolo Toure feels he should have had more chances Empty Manchester City's Kolo Toure feels he should have had more chances

Post by Devastating Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:10 pm

Kolo Toure has expressed his frustration over his lack of playing time at Manchester City as he prepares to leave the club in the summer.

The defender's contract expires at the end of the season and he confirmed to Sky Sports earlier this week that he was considering his future after hearing nothing from the club about a new deal.

His main concern is to play regularly as he does not think his efforts have been rewarded at the Etihad Stadium over the past couple of years.

Manager Roberto Mancini has stuck by his first-choice centre-back pairing of Vincent Kompany and Matija Nastasic this term, leaving Toure to feel as if he is just providing back-up.
"The last two years have been really tough for me. I haven't had a lot of games and was working really hard every day," he said in The Sun. "The only chance I got to play was when someone was injured.

"Now I just want to go somewhere to play football and the competition will be right.

"If I play and someone is better than me, then play him. But if I am better than somebody, I want to play as well."

Toure thinks he can continue performing at the highest level for many years, adding: "I am 32 now and love the game.

"I train hard and have employed a personal trainer. I want to keep playing for a long time like Ryan Giggs or Paul Scholes."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down