fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan believes he is a "new man" ahead of his fight with Julio Diaz

Go down

Amir Khan believes he is a "new man" ahead of his fight with Julio Diaz Empty Amir Khan believes he is a "new man" ahead of his fight with Julio Diaz

Post by Devastating Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:15 pm

Amir Khan has promised his fans they will see a "new and improved" fighter in his first bout in England for two years this weekend.

The Bolton man is confident he has learned from his back-to-back world title defeats to Lamont Peterson and Danny Garcia as he takes on Julio Diaz in Sheffield on Saturday.
The 25-year-old got back on track when he stopped Carlos Molina on his last outing in December, and believes victory over Diaz will put him back in the frame for another world title shot.

"It is a new Amir Khan coming back to England after two years," he said. "The last time they saw me here was against Paul McCloskey and I am a totally different fighter now.

"When I used to get in trouble, when under pressure, I used to go back to my old self but people will see a new guy and I hope they like the new style I bring to the table.

"It is going to be an amazing show, we are all looking forward to it. I will cause fireworks and it will be a brilliant fight. I won't let my fans down. Hopefully on Saturday we will be back to winning ways and it will take us to bigger fights."
Khan was controversially relieved of his WBA and IBF light welterweight belts by Peterson and then failed to take the WBC equivalent off Garcia, but he insists that new trainer Virgil Hunter has helped eradicate his weaknesses.
Khan added: "Julio is working on the old Amir Khan, that is what he is doing. There is a new Amir Khan now and he has not seen him yet. If he wants to work with the old Amir Khan he can do, but he'll be in for a shock."

Diaz is a former world lightweight champion who has now moved to welterweight, knocking out Henry Aurad and Hector Sanchez last year and drawing his last fight against Shawn Porter.

He said: "Everybody was counting me out, saying I was done. With all those critics saying I don't have it any more - I am here.

"For my last fight I was on the undercard to Amir, at the press conference on the bottom table. I said I didn't belong there, now I am here, at the top, where I belong."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down