fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Amir Khan targets Floyd Mayweather fight

Go down

Amir Khan targets Floyd Mayweather fight Empty Amir Khan targets Floyd Mayweather fight

Post by Devastating Fri May 10, 2013 3:30 pm

Amir Khan has set his sights on a showdown with WBC welterweight title-holder Floyd Mayweather.

The 26-year-old was in Las Vegas last weekend to see American Mayweather, 36, extend his record to 44 wins from 44 bouts with victory over Robert Guerrero.

It has been suggested that Khan could next fight Danny Garcia or Lamont Peterson - the men responsible for inflicting two of the three defeats of his 31-fight career.

But the Bolton man is keen to move up to the 147ib division and challenge Mayweather, who is widely regarded as the best pound-for-pound fighter in the world.
In a series of posts on Twitter, Khan said: "Mayweather may not be around for long. I want my shot. The worlds talking about the fight. Garcia, Peterson will be around till I'm around for rematches.

"(Zab) Judah caused big problems with speed + movement against Floyd for 12 rds. But Lasted 5 against me styles make fights.

"Garcia + Peterson will be around much longer than Floyd Mayweather in boxing. I will take rematches with both at 147.

"Styles make fights. So you saying u rather see Floyd with another opponent that's flat footed and slow who he can pick off when he likes?"

After his unanimous decision victory over Guerrero, Mayweather said that he intends to fight five more times as part of his multi-million dollar deal with TV network Showtime.

Mexico's WBC and WBA light-middleweight champion Saul Alvarez and IBF welterweight beltholder Devon Alexander have been suggested as potential opponents for the American.

Khan suffered back-to-back losses to Peterson and Garcia in world light-welterweight title fights but has bounced back with successive wins, the latest of which was a points win over former lightweight champion Julio Diaz.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down