fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barcelona Open: Rafael Nadal could play two matches in a day

Go down

Barcelona Open: Rafael Nadal could play two matches in a day Empty Barcelona Open: Rafael Nadal could play two matches in a day

Post by Devastating Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:16 pm

Rafael Nadal is facing the prospect of playing two matches in a day after rain wrecked more than half of the third-round programme at the Barcelona Open.

Persistent rain forced organisers to abandon the remainder of Thursday's scheduled action just as Nadal was just about to enter the court for his third-round clash with French 13th seed Benoit Paire.

It will now be moved to Friday though forecasts remain grim for the ensuing days, with more rain likely.

However, should 11-time grand slam champion prevail against the world No 33, he will be back in action to play the winner of the match involving Albert Ramos and sixth seed Kei Nishikori.

Beside Nadal, matches involving seeds including number three Tomas Berdych, Milos Raonic and Kei Nishikori were all postponed.

Just three matches were completed, with fourth-seeded Spaniard Nicolas Almagro seeing off compatriot Marcel Granollers 6-3 6-4.

Almagro's opponent in the last eight is seventh seed Juan Monaco who progressed after a 6-0 7-6 (13/11) win over Frenchman Jeremy Chardy.

"I'm eager to win the title," said the Spaniard. "I'm playing well and being more aggressive on court. I'm on good form and have the crowd support."

Brazil's Thomaz Bellucci reached the quarter-finals after a 4-6 6-1 6-3 win over Dmitry Tursunov, who failed to build on his upset of top seed David Ferrer in the previous round.

In a match stranded on court, Martin Klizan was leading Philipp Kohlschreiber 6-1 6-7 (2/7) 4-3 when the rain arrived to force the suspension of play.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down