fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wolverhampton dominate at Coventry

Go down

Wolverhampton dominate at Coventry Empty Wolverhampton dominate at Coventry

Post by Devastating Tue Apr 30, 2013 6:23 pm

Bottom of the table Coventry Bees suffered their worst defeat in the modern era after a 59-31 loss to local rivals Wolverhampton Wolves.

The Black Country outfit dominated from the first heat to last, and at one point reeled off four successive 5-1s, as the home side had no answer to Wolves - who took the four points to go clear at the top of the Sky Sports Elite League.

era after a 59-31 loss to local rival Wolverhampton Wolves.
Tai Woffinden's brilliant form continued as he swept his way to a perfect 15-point maximum, whilst captain Freddie Lindgren was also unbeaten by an opponent.

Indeed only Adam Skornicki failed to win a race for Wolves, who limited Coventry to just three heat victories all evening.

The fact Stuart Robson top scored for Coventry with paid 7 summed up one of the worst evenings in the club's history.

Coventry promoter Mick Horton said: "All I can do is apologise to the fans who turned out tonight. I think that's probably the worst performance I've seen from a team in Coventry colours, and live on television as well. It's devastating.
"All you can do is try to keep spirits up. We have to dig in and hope we can pull out a win from the next meeting against Lakeside, but really everyone is lost for words at the moment.

"Our top two aren't firing and then it's like a domino effect. Everyone is low, and I don't understand it - but fair play to Wolverhampton, they thoroughly deserved it. Something is going wrong with our boys but no rider goes out to deliberately lose a race."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down