fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gary Havelock has been appointed new manager of Coventry Bees

Go down

Gary Havelock has been appointed new manager of Coventry Bees Empty Gary Havelock has been appointed new manager of Coventry Bees

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 pm

Coventry Bees have appointed former World Champion Gary Havelock as their new team manager.

The 44-year-old recently announced his retirement from a glittering racing career, which included winning the world championship in 1992, earlier this week.

His role with the Bees is his first foray into management and he is keen to get started.

Havelock said: "It all came out of the blue really, Mick (Horton) enquired about how I was and when I told him I wasn't riding he asked if I fancied being a team manager.

"Obviously I worked with Mick before when I rode for him at Peterborough and he was promoter, and we always got on fine, so after thinking about it for a bit I decided to go for it.
"I've always felt that to be successful you've got to make your home track a fortress, and try to make it a place that other teams dread coming to."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down