fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chris Harris handed wild card for the British FIM Speedway Grand Prix in Cardiff

Go down

Chris Harris handed wild card for the British FIM Speedway Grand Prix in Cardiff Empty Chris Harris handed wild card for the British FIM Speedway Grand Prix in Cardiff

Post by Devastating Wed May 01, 2013 5:25 pm

Chris Harris has been handed the wild card for the Fogo British FIM Speedway Grand Prix at Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on June 1.

Harris stole the show in the Welsh capital in 2007, when he stormed past Australian great Leigh Adams and triple world champion Jason Crump, before diving under double world champion Greg Hancock on the last bend to win an epic final.

The Team Great Britain skipper, who spent six straight seasons as a full-time SGP rider from 2007 to 2012, is now looking to outshine his in-form international colleague Tai Woffinden when he dons the famous No 16 race jacket.

Woffinden reached his maiden Grand Prix final in Bydgoszcz on April 20, which put him fourth in the World Championship standings.

Harris said: "Tai is having a fantastic year and looking at what he's doing, he's probably the best rider around at the minute.

"He's flying and he's the man. But if I can go there and outshine him at Cardiff, it would be nice and very satisfying, just to show I'm still here and remind people not to forget about me.

"It would be nice to go there and win it. This time around, I go there with no pressure. I'm not in the series and no-one is going to be looking at me as a contender to win it. I'll go there and enjoy the weekend and hopefully get the best result I can."

Harris continued: "I'm very happy to have been given the call. I'm obviously disappointed not to be in the Grand Prix full-time, but it's a great honour to be asked for this one. I'd like to thank BSI Speedway and the FIM for giving me the opportunity to get back in it for Cardiff."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down