fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lee Purdy has warned Devon Alexander ahead of their title fight

Go down

Lee Purdy has warned Devon Alexander ahead of their title fight  Empty Lee Purdy has warned Devon Alexander ahead of their title fight

Post by Devastating Fri May 17, 2013 5:03 pm

Lee Purdy has warned Devon Alexander not to underestimate him as he bids to take his IBF welterweight title this weekend.

Purdy tackles the St. Louis man at the famous Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City and is a big outsider to win with the bookies.

But the Colchester fighter believes the pressure is all on the American to impress on home soil and he has the power to put champ on the canvas.
He said: "I've watched a lot of his fights since we got the fight and he's not looked great recently.

"He's been holding a lot in recent fights which is why I mentioned that. His style doesn't impress me which is why I don't watch him.

"I think I can land big shots on him and make him fight my fight, and if I connect cleanly on him there's only one place he's going to go and that's to the canvas.

"He says he wants to fight the biggest names in the game, no-one here has heard of me so he has to look good against me and he's not going to if he's just going to hold.

"I want him to have a clean fight. I don't want to just hold, get through and nick fights on points, I'm here to entertain and please the fans because that's what they pay their money to see."

Purdy took the fight at late notice after Sheffield star and stablemate Kell Brook was forced out through injury, but insists he is ready for the title bout.

"I fought in March and was back in the gym ticking over so I am absolutely ready for this," he said.

"My punching power is underestimated, I'm tough and durable and I'm out here to win, I'm not here to make the numbers up.

"If he underestimates me it's a big mistake and it will be all over for him. Tune in, it's going to be a great fight and an explosive performance."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down