fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Poole reveal team changes

Go down

Poole reveal team changes Empty Poole reveal team changes

Post by Devastating Fri May 17, 2013 8:50 pm

Poole Pirates have confirmed the signing of Polish ace Przemyslaw Pawlicki.

Pawlicki has been signed to cover for the injured Darcy Ward, who faces around two-months on the sidelines with a broken shoulder blade.

Team boss Matt Ford also revealed that Pawlicki would not be the only change as he looked to kick-start their campaign after a disastrous start to the new season.

"I am taking full advantage of Darcy Ward's high average to make some wholesale changes to the team structure," said Ford.

"I needed to act fairly quickly once it was confirmed Darcy could not contemplate a quick return to the track. He needs time to recover from a difficult injury and as I have said before I looked at a direct replacement for him.

"Unfortunately though there was no straightforward solution waiting out there, despite having contacted a number of potential recruits.

"With results not having gone our way I then decided to bite the bullet, take full advantage of the points available and have submitted a new 1-7 to the BSPA, which is currently awaiting approval. The submission includes three changes.

"I feel that in doing this it will make the team stronger in depth, but I would like to emphasise to all our supporters that this in no way suggests that Darcy's career at Poole has ended.

"In making the changes I have the option to bring Darcy back when fit, with a further reshuffle.

"I can assure all Poole fans that I am acting in what I believe the best interests of the club and that the decisions I have reached have been far from easy.

"Yes, deciding to replace Darcy was fairly easy, particularly as it looks like Chris (Holder) could resume the No 1 role at the club for June.

"For that would mean our only facility for Darcy would have been rider replacement and I really don't think we could have carried that off.

"Whilst guests were an option it gave me time to consider the options but there comes a stage when the decision has to be made.

"It is the spin-off changes that have given me the biggest anguish and it is not easy to tell riders that they have lost their team place."

Pawlicki will start on an average of 6.95 gained at parent club Coventry Bees.

On Pawlicki, Ford added: "He is an outstanding rider and I have always been a big fan of his. We have tried to get him to join once or twice before.

"He was the thorn in our side in the 2010 title loss to Coventry. He is big mates with Maciej Janowski and the two of them will live with me."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down