fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Olympic 10,000 metres champion Tirunesh Dibaba ruled out

Go down

Olympic 10,000 metres champion Tirunesh Dibaba ruled out Empty Olympic 10,000 metres champion Tirunesh Dibaba ruled out

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:44 am

Tirunesh Dibaba has been forced to pull out of this year's Virgin London Marathon due to injury.

The Olympic 10,000 metres champion was due to make her debut over the distance on April 21, but has aggravated a previous shin problem during training.

"I have been in training for the London Marathon, but the increase in mileage has caused a flare up of my previous lower leg injury," the Ethiopian said.

"As a result, I won't be able to compete in this year's London Marathon but I look forward to making my marathon debut there next year."

Race director Hugh Brasher added: "Of course, it is disappointing to lose Tirunesh. She has been such a fantastic athlete on the track, and everyone was full of anticipation to see how well she performed in a marathon."

Dibaba was hoping to become the first Ethiopian woman to win the London Marathon since her cousin Derartu Tulu in 2001. Compatriot Tiki Gelana is still set to compete for the first time.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down