fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dai Greene hopes to put his Olympic disappointment behind him at the IAAF World Championships

Go down

Dai Greene hopes to put his Olympic disappointment behind him at the IAAF World Championships Empty Dai Greene hopes to put his Olympic disappointment behind him at the IAAF World Championships

Post by Devastating Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

Dai Greene is confident he can put last year's Olympic disappointment behind him and retain his 400 metres hurdles world title in August.

Greene was named captain of the athletics team for London 2012 but he agonisingly missed out on a medal in his discipline as well as the 4x400m relay after two fourth-placed finishes.

The 27-year-old is now on the road to full fitness following a double hernia operation in March, and looking forward to the IAAF World Championships in Moscow.

Asked about his chances of holding his world title, Greene said: "I'd like to think I can defend it.

"I don't think (the surgery) should affect my ambitions for the season. I certainly have more confidence than 12 months ago. I'm definitely in a better position than last year."

Of his failure in London, the Welshman added: "I've had tough seasons before but I've not been in that situation before when going for an Olympic medal. It was the hardest."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down