fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John Part off to flyer at European Darts Trophy as Dave Chisnall crashes out

Go down

John Part off to flyer at European Darts Trophy as Dave Chisnall crashes out Empty John Part off to flyer at European Darts Trophy as Dave Chisnall crashes out

Post by Devastating Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 pm

John Part got off to an impressive start in his bid for back-to-back European Tour titles as he eased into the second round of the European Darts Trophy.

The Canadian veteran crushed Vincent van der Voort 6-1 in a one-sided opener in Germany, posting a three-dart average of 108.35.

Part, who lifted the UK Masters title in Minehead earlier this month, won five legs in less than 14 darts as he outclassed the luckless Dutchman.

"I'm really happy with that," said Part. "The main thing was that my doubles were good but I scored well too. I'm liking these events so far this year, and hopefully I can do well for the rest of the weekend."

Part faces Robert Thornton on Sunday, after the in-form UK Open champion powered to a 6-2 win over European Tour debutant Ricky Sudale.

Youngster Michael Smith caused the biggest upset of the day when he stormed to a 6-1 victory over top seed Dave Chisnall.

Smith recorded three 13-dart legs before capping victory in some style, taking out a 136 checkout with his 12th dart of the seventh leg to finish with an average of over 103.

World No 3 Michael van Gerwen raced to a 6-1 win over qualifier Leo Hendriks, while 16-year-old German Max Hopp delighted the home crowd as he booked a clash against Dean Winstanley with a 6-1 thrashing of Dragutin Horvath.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down