fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Miracle comeback sees Paul Nicholson reach last 16 at European Darts Trophy

Go down

Miracle comeback sees Paul Nicholson reach last 16 at European Darts Trophy Empty Miracle comeback sees Paul Nicholson reach last 16 at European Darts Trophy

Post by Devastating Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:41 pm

Paul Nicholson pulled off a stunning comeback to keep his hopes alive at the European Darts Trophy in Germany.

Nicholson was 5-1 down against Colin Lloyd but fought back superbly to win 6-5 win to join big guns Michael van Gerwen, Wes Newton and John Part in the last 16 in Sindelfingen.

"I keep winning 6-5 - I did it against Ronny Huybrechts in the first round too, and I don't want to keep doing that," said Nicholson. "I don't know how I won that but it's great to be through."

Van Gerwen hammered Darren Webster 6-0 to book his place in the third round and if he reaches the semi-finals on Monday night he will leapfrog Adrian Lewis and become No 2 in the world.

"Sometimes you need to win games like this when you're not at your best, and I'm pleased to have done that," said van Gerwen.

"Monday will be a tough day because it will be four games if I am going to win the event, but I want to get to number two in the world and it's great to have a chance to do that."

Van Gerwen will meet European Tour debutant Jamie Robinson in the last 16, after the Essex man matched Nicholson in coming from 5-1 down to take victory as he defeated Brendan Dolan.

Robinson had also come from 5-2 down against Richie Burnett in the first round, and admitted: "It's certainly not planned, but maybe when the other players have got to five legs, the pressure has come off me, and I never give in. I keep trying and it's coming together for me."

Premier League star Wes Newton edged out former World Youth Champion Arron Monk 6-5 to set up a third round game with Peter Wright, who swept past Colin Osborne 6-1.

Part defeated another Premier League star, Robert Thornton, 6-4 in a high-quality contest.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down