fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greg Rutherford wins IAAF Melbourne World Challenge

Go down

Greg Rutherford wins IAAF Melbourne World Challenge Empty Greg Rutherford wins IAAF Melbourne World Challenge

Post by Devastating Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:26 pm

Olympic long jump champion Greg Rutherford produced a best leap of 8.10 metres to defeat Australia's Mitchell Watt at the IAAF Melbourne World Challenge on Saturday.

The 26-year-old from Milton Keynes repeated his London Games triumph over his opponent, who could only register a jump of 8.01m to again finish second behind the Briton.

Fellow Australian and reigning Commonwealth Games champion Fabrice Lapierre was third with 7.99m.

"Every competitor always wants to win, Mitch is a friend of mine so it is not like a bad competition ever," Rutherford told reporters.

"Ultimately he wants to beat me and I want to beat him but we are always still mates.

"I didn't think I would jump as well as I did today.

"An 8.10m isn't anything massively special but blimey we are in the early part of the year and waking up this morning I didn't expect to be able to jump that well so early."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down