fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ATP Portugal Open: David Ferrer beats Edouard Roger-Vasselin to reach quarter-finals

Go down

ATP Portugal Open: David Ferrer beats Edouard Roger-Vasselin to reach quarter-finals Empty ATP Portugal Open: David Ferrer beats Edouard Roger-Vasselin to reach quarter-finals

Post by Devastating Thu May 02, 2013 7:04 pm

Top seed David Ferrer battled past Edouard Roger-Vasselin at the ATP Portugal Open in Oeiras on Wednesday - and then vowed to raise his game for his quarter-final clash with Victor Hanescu.

The Spanish world number four, making his first appearance at the event in four years, looked on course for a straightforward passage to the last eight when he was one set up and led 4-2 in the second only for his French opponent to hit back and force a decider.

But Ferrer regrouped in the third set and ground out a 6-4 4-6 6-3 triumph over the world number 73 to post his 10th clay-court match win of the year.

"I think I played well in the first set and part of the second," Ferrer told the ATP website after the second-round encounter. "But I lost my focus and didn't return serve well.
Improvement

"I will need to improve my game for the next round."

Ferrer will be looking to stay on track for a third ATP title of the season, following his successes in Auckland and Buenos Aires, when he takes on Hanescu.

The Romanian ousted sixth-seeded Frenchman Benoit Paire in straight sets, edging a tight encounter 7-6 (7/2) 6-4.

Also in the men's draw, fourth seed Fabio Fognini edged fellow Italian Paolo Lorenzi 7-6 (7/5) 5-7 6-4 and Spanish qualifier Pablo Carreno-Busta recovered from a poor start to stun Belgian David Goffin 1-6 6-2 6-2.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down