fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sony Open: David Ferrer rallies to beat Jurgen Melzer in Miami

Go down

Sony Open: David Ferrer rallies to beat Jurgen Melzer in Miami Empty Sony Open: David Ferrer rallies to beat Jurgen Melzer in Miami

Post by Devastating Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:29 pm

Third-seed David Ferrer came from a set down to beat Jurgen Melzer in the quarter-finals of the Sony Open in Miami.

The Spaniard dropped the opening set 4-6 to the Austrian but evened things up by winning the second 6-3.

Any thoughts of a tense decider were banished though as Ferrer, winner of titles in Auckland and Buenos Aires already this year, won it 6-0 to book his place in the semis.

"I was a little bit nervous in the first set and part of the second, but I tried to fight every point, to be focused, and I had a good feeling in the end of the second set and of course in the third one," Ferrer said.

Ferrer will face giant-killer Tommy Haas, the 15th seed, for a place in the title match.

Haas, who toppled world No 1 Novak Djokovic in straight sets on Tuesday, continued his impressive form with a straight-sets rout of 11th-seeded Gilles Simon.

The 34-year-old was simply unplayable at times as he raced to a 6-3 6-1 - with the German breaking Simon four times en route to victory.

"I used my chances right away in the second set and took that momentum," said Haas.

"Again, I played the way I wanted to, using my all-around game and variety. I think I did that pretty well."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down