fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maiden PDC title for Kim Huybrechts in Wigan UK Open Qualifier

Go down

Maiden PDC title for Kim Huybrechts in Wigan UK Open Qualifier Empty Maiden PDC title for Kim Huybrechts in Wigan UK Open Qualifier

Post by Devastating Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:04 pm

Kim Huybrechts won his maiden PDC title with a 6-2 defeat of John Part in the final of the Speedy Services UK Open Qualifier Seven at the Robin Park Tennis Centre in Wigan on Saturday.

The Belgian ace's emergence as a force at the highest level of the sport continued with a brilliant day of darts as he finally claimed victory in a PDC event after reaching four previous finals.

Encouraged in Wigan by brother Ronny, who had partnered him to the World Cup of Darts final in February only weeks after the sudden death of their father, the younger Belgian shone in his early wins over Peter Evison, Ian Moss and Bernd Roith before hitting top gear.
Huybrechts saw off McCoy's Premier League Darts stars Adrian Lewis, Michael van Gerwen and Gary Anderson as he progressed to the final, as well as Scottish newcomer Jason Hogg, before then defeating three-time World Champion Part to take the title.

"I had a tough draw today against many top players and I'm so delighted that I won this tournament," said Huybrechts. "It's been so hard for me in the last couple of months and I'm very happy.

"I've been getting closer and to win this is the best day of my life. This is such a relief for me - the weight on my shoulders was so heavy and it's all gone now.

"I want to build on this and go further and further now.

"Ronny knows the signals to give me when I'm feeling bad and when I'm feeling good, and I'm so happy that he's here. It's my first win and my big brother's been here to watch it - I'm the happiest man in the world."
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down