fuckyeahsports
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ricky Burns and Jose Gonzalez tip scales at 9st 8lbs 1/2 oz ahead of world title bout

Go down

Ricky Burns and Jose Gonzalez tip scales at 9st 8lbs 1/2 oz ahead of world title bout Empty Ricky Burns and Jose Gonzalez tip scales at 9st 8lbs 1/2 oz ahead of world title bout

Post by Devastating Sat May 11, 2013 5:34 pm

Ricky Burns and Jose Gonzalez both tipped the scales at 9st 8lbs 1/2 oz ahead of their WBO lightweight title clash at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow on Saturday, live on Sky Sports HD1 from 7pm.

Burns faces the unbeaten mandatory challenger from Puerto Rico in the third defence of the title he won via a one-sided points decision over Paulus Moses in March last year.

The Coatbridge two-weight world champion was roared to the scales at the St. Enoch Centre and the 30-year-old said he has a new lease of life since joining promoter Eddie Hearn's Matchroom stable.

"I am really excited about Eddie's plans," said Burns. "Everybody knows I am just a quiet guy, I keep myself to myself and my attitude is the same towards boxing.
"You have pressure on you knowing that you are going into these big fights defending your title but with the crowd I put that to the back of my mind and don't let anything bother me.

"I have stability in my career. The way Eddie was talking, he wants to build my profile back up in Scotland and keep me active and fighting regularly.

"It is great fighting in Scotland. I remember when Scott Harrison was World champion and I used to get on all his undercards, it was great and this is great for the up and coming fighters to get the opportunity to get on the big shows and show everybody what they can do."

John Simpson meets Choi Tseveenpurev for the WBC International title in a mouth-watering chief support bout, with Simpson scaling 9st 3lbs and 'The Mongolian Warrior' Choi 9st 1lbs 8oz.

The third title bout on the card pits cruiserweights Stephen Simmons and Michael Sweeney for the vacant Celtic title.

Edinburgh fighter Simmons, unbeaten in seven fights, weighed 14st 1lb 1/2 oz and Ireland's Sweeney, 12-2-1, 14st 3lbs 1/2 oz.
Devastating
Devastating
Admin

https://fuckyeahsports.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down